- DNA synthesis – the protein building block essential to the process of regeneration
- Collagen production – increases tensile strength of muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- ATP – (adenosine triphosphate) the fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism
- Endorphins – morphine like substances produced by the body to reduce the sensation of pain
- Immune response
- Lymphatic drainage – reduces edemas
- Angiogenesis – the formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation/tissue oxygenation
- Modulation of cellular components involved in the healing process – i.e. macrophages, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, etc.